Affirmations for Pregnancy, Labour and Birth
Affirmations work well if we already, in this moment “feel” the truth of what we want to happen or achieve.
When you create your own “mantra”, make sure it is phrased as a positive statement and in the present tense.
Repeat often, especially upon waking and just as dropping off to sleep.
Here are some examples you could use or you can make up your own that resonate with your needs and are easy for you to remember. Try to stick with the same one and repeat often to make it stick in your subconscious mind.
I currently sell packs of beautifully illustrated Pregnancy Affirmation Cards below retail price for £15. Each pack consists of 52 cards. Please ask me in class if you’d like to purchase one.
1. I trust in my ability to give birth
2. My body knows exactly what to do
3. All I need to do is relax and breathe – nothing else
4. I surrender my birthing over to my baby and my body
5. I have the energy and stamina to birth my baby
6. I welcome each contraction with my breath
7. Every contraction brings me closer to the birth of my baby
8. My cervix is opening like a flower
9. My pelvis is flexible and open
10. With each breath I breathe in calm and I breathe out tension
11. With each breath I breathe in confidence and I breathe out fear
12. I am fearless and strong
13. I greet each contraction with openness and gratitude
14. My cervix ix opening with each contraction
15. I trust my body
16. I know how to take care of my baby
17. My baby feels my love
18. My pregnant body is beautiful
19. Birth is safe for me and my baby
20. My baby will be born at the perfect time
21. My body knows when to give birth
22. My body contains all the knowledge necessary to give birth to my baby
23. Good strong contractions help my baby come into the world
24. I embrace the concept of healthy pain
25. I now feel inner peace and serenity
26. I accept this labour as my labour and believe it is the right one for me and for my baby
27. I love and accept my body completely
28. I accept all my feelings as part of myself
29. My body knows how to birth my baby
30. I love my baby and I am doing all that is necessary to bring about a healthy birth
31. I surrender to the contractions and relinquish control of the forces within my body
32. My body has a wide open space for my baby to descend
33. Birth is an easy and natural occurrence for which my body has been perfectly designed