This most precious time in a woman’s life brings tremendous change, both physically and emotionally. Pre-natal yoga aims to empower and prepare mums-to-be to feel calm, strong and in control, mentally and physically. Yoga helps keeping the body toned and supple without strain whilst preparing for baby’s birth and motherhood. Common discomforts that occur during pregnancy can be alleviated. Lower back pain, pelvic pain, heartburn, indigestion, swollen joints, breathlessness, tiredness and sleep disturbances are just a few of those discomforts that can occur. Yoga provides women with much needed rest and increases energy and vitality. It enhances overall well-being and allows for time to connect with their baby and their own inner wisdom.
If you have any questions or concerns whether this class is right for you, please contact me. Payment is required before the start of the course to guarantee your place. Details of where to send payment to will be send to you once you have booked.
Please kindly fill in the registration form at the bottom of this page and send back to me electronically before your first class.
Benefits of yoga during pregnancy
- strengthen and toning the pelvic floor muscles and deep core
- alleviate some of the common discomforts of pregnancy
- stretch, tone, strengthen and relax
- improve concentration
- adjust to physical and emotional changes
- make space for your growing baby and bond with her/him
- helps with optimal fetal positioning
- improve energy levels and enhance well-being
- meet other pregnant mums
- prepare mentally and physically for labour and the birth of your baby
- learn how to use your breath for relaxation and labour
Midwife Louise Nunn says: